With FaceBook buying FriendFeed I REFUSE to let them get my data that has been gathered on FF over the last while so i worked out a way to do the feed merge and post to twitter without them. In fact i got the FF account delete link on my desktop ready to press at any time.
Anyway here the guide i worked out and am using the same steps to set up my own.
- Gather all your rss feeds you want to merge into one feed
- Once you got them go to http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.edit and drag in “fetch feed” and add all your feeds accordingly
- Drag the dot on bottom of fetch feed to the pipe output and save with creative name
- When done click run pipe on top
- Copy the “Get as rss” url the the clipboard
- Go to http://twitterfeed.com/ and click “Create new feed”
- Select twitter from list and click “connect your feed to twitter account”
- Enter Feed Name and enter feed url you copied from yahoo pipes and click test rss feed
- Set Check for new posts to 30 minutes, post up to 5 new updates at a time, and post sorting to guid
- Click “Save Feed”
- Repeat as need until all your feeds are added.
Note: You got to do OAuth every time but they plan on changing that.
Anyway that worked for me I hope it will work for you 🙂