Back in iPhone OS 2.2.1 I had my 2nd gen iPod Touch jailbroken and it had quite the impressive setup. I had background tasks, the iPhone style unified iPod icon, weather on the icon, and much much more.
With the release of redsn0w for for iPhone OS 3.0 (now a replacement for quickpwn) I decided to go over to it and see what worked from my list… sadly many of the cool things don’t work such as:
- Backgrounder (Background tasks)
- MobileMusicPlayer Flip (Reverse how the media icons are)
- WeatherIcon (Display temperature on weather icon)
- Veency (VNC server)
Also since copy and paste was built in clippy was no longer needed. There are other apps that work but are buggy those are:
- MobileTerminal (Every unix system needs a terminal app)
- Winterboard (Customize your springboard)
Mostly many of the other ones I tried worked fine here are those ones:
- SBSettings (Addon that gives you float over app cool goodies)
- MakeItMine (change carrier text)
- ReflectiveDock (reflection on the bottom of the dock)
- OpenSSH (SSH Server
Over all the transition to jailbroken 3.0 has worked good… im sure that most of the apps that are flakey/not working will be fixed.
That’s all for now 🙂