One of the most annoying things about the upgrade to my iPod Touch 2nd gen from my iPod Nano 2nd gen was that my most used accessory the iPod Radio Remote no longer worked. I set it aside and moved on to life without it…. it is a must have accessory but apple deemed that it would not work on the touch series devices (iPod Touch / iPhone). I would have been happy if only the remote function worked.
Anyway i have manged to get it kinda working (audio only) on my iPod Touch… heres how:
- Press and hold home and sleep button until the shutdown message comes up
- Slide the confirmation slider to shut off your iPod Touch
- Plug in the iPod Radio Remote
- Press the Sleep/Power button to turn iPod Touch back on
- Now hopefully you should have sound coming out of the headphone jack on the radio remote with the volume control working.
- Repeat steps 1 – 5 as needed to use it in audio mode.
This may or may not work on the iPhone tho… but hey this is farther than apple wanted it to be used (the unsupported accessory error when normally plugged in).