I love the scroll wheel on my logitech mice…. but sadly some of the ones i got have a noisy clicky scroll wheel. This guide mainly applys to the Logitech Optical Scroll Mouse (OEM model).. but should work with most logitech mice… Opening instrutions will be different but the wheel assembly is the same.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage incurred by the following of this guide.
A. Get the tools:
- Philips Jewelers Screwdrivers (your mouse may need different size)
- Needle-nose pliers
B. Tweak the wheel:
- Locate any screw/screws on the bottom of the mouse and remove the top
(Example from my mouse)
- Carefully remove the scroll wheel assembly
- Carefully remove the support spring and wheel
- Carefully bend the support spring for the wheel with Needle-nose pliers
C. Test and finish:
- Test with wheel on it until you get it just right
- Put the wheel assembly back together and put it back in place
- Carefully put the top back on and test the mouse
If all worked well you should now have a mouse with a quiet scroll wheel. Also pictures i didn’t use for this guide and more can be found @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/kibmcz/tags/mouse/