This was written for Intel Mac… it may not work on PPC Mac.
This guide continues where I left off in part 1. This post covers backup and recovery of your Mac using SuperDuper!
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any lost files, damaged hardware, or any other damage resulting from the use of this tutorial; back up any important files just in case. Use of this guide is at your own discretion.
1. Get the required items:
- Bootable USB/FireWire hard drive you set up in part 1
2. Download the tools:
- SuperDuper! (Basic version is free but you’ve got to pay for advanced features)
3. Using SuperDuper!:
- Plug in the external drive and turn it on
- Drag SuperDuper! from the mounted DMG to the Applications on your bootable drive
- Make a folder labeled Backup Images in the root of your backup drive
- Restart your Mac and hold the Option key and select your USB/FireWire drive
- Browse to the Applications folder and open SuperDuper!
- Select your boot drive in the Copy dropdown
- In the to drop down select Disk Image…
- Browse to the Backup Images folder you made in the root of the backup drive
- Type a name for the backup in the Save As: field
- Click the Save button
- Select the backup script of your choice in the using field
- Click the Options…button and configure any options that you prefer to set
- Click Copy Now
- Enter your admin password
If I made any mistakes please leave a comment and I will correct them. Thanks!